January 25, 2011
The Madison Historical Society is open for research every Tuesday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. It is also open by appointment whenever the Madison Public Library is open.
Policies and Fees
- Patrons requesting remote research (by mail, telephone, etc.) are granted the first hour free. Afterward, fees are $5.00 per hour.
- If you do research in our facility, the only cost is for photocopies.
- Photocopies are 15 cents per page.
- We reserve the right to refuse requests for copies.
- Electronic reproduction/distribution of images on the Internet or on digital media is prohibited without the prior consent of the Madison Historical Society.
- Publication use applies to the use of a reproduction in print, film, video, or digital format. Permissions to publish granted by the Society entail one-time use only, with no other rights. All publications must include the following credit: “From the collections of the Madison Historical Society, Madison, New Jersey”.
- Requests for publication, re-use, or changes in use must be submitted in writing to the Society.
- Copies of pictures are for one-time use only. If receiving by digital transfer or email, the cost is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers. If the Society is to make a copy of the picture, the cost of the printing of the picture is added.
- The cost of postage is added to all orders to be mailed.
- All orders must be paid in advance.
- Policies and fees are subject to change without notice.
Effective January 1, 2011